Sprites In Console
I'm starting out with making games for the console first. Here's a few q's about using sprites and all.
1) What's a good format to use for sprites in console for programming?
2) What's the fastest and easiest way to load it into the console?
3) Tutorials on making it move?
5) Any kind of tutorial that explains all this stuff on making games in console?
1) you cant use any graphics on a console window, you have to set the video mode if you are using DOS.(Although your program will run from a DOS window)
2) graphics arent loaded to your window, you load them then display them.
3) if your character has coords increase the x, val for left or decrese for right movement and same for jump but you will need to work w/ some physics to simulate gravity.
4) Is slow without hardware support
5) If you are trying to make DOS games look here in the tutorials section for examples on setting the video mode under DOS
I know how you can do this, the commands etc. and I'm really willing to help you. Unfortunately there is such policy on this board that if I say, all my messages may be deleted.
how do you 'set the video mode in dos' or watever you said? there's no tutorials here but thx anyway. I'll rephrase the subject. "Sprites in DOS". Sound better now? Thx anyways though...
There are no video modes in console