This is not what you pervys thought just a little light releif........
The Gender of computers
A language instructor was explaining to her class that in French, nouns,
unlike their English counterparts, are grammatically designated as
masculine or feminine.
"House," in French, is feminine - "la maison."
"Pencil," in French, is masculine "le crayon."
One puzzled student asked, "What gender is 'computer'?" The teacher did
not know, and the word wasn't in her French dictionary. So for fun she
split the class into two groups appropriately enough, by gender and
asked them to decide whether "computer" should be a masculine or
Both groups were required to give four reasons for their recommendation.
The men's group decided that computers should definitely be feminine
("la computer"), because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is
incomprehensible to everyone else;
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for
possible later retrieval;
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending
half your pay on accessories for it.
The women's group concluded that computers should be masculine ("le
1. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on;
2. They have a lot of data but they are still clueless;
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they
ARE the problem;
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you'd waited a
little longer, you could have had a better model...............