You can find a free one.
Icon Searcher v1.3 Released!
Icon Searcher performs fast scan of all local hard disks for icon images. The program handles lots of different file formats, like DLL, EXE, ICO, ICL, OCX ,SCR, CPL ,BPL and extracts all available icons from files to the user-friendly visual image list.
Icons can be saved as separate icon files or copied to the Windows and then pasted into any application, document, or other environment supporting image pasting. This Program store found icons in database and compress them. Icon Searcher uses saving icons as BMP ,ICO ,JPG,GIF files.
Icon Searcher includes the following main features:
* Easy to use GUI.
* Very fast scan speed!
* Found Icons compressed and store in database , saving disk spase.
* Found Icons keep original name and directory name,if icon is extracted ,then keep the extract filename and icon name.
* Icon display 100 icons/page,can jump any page you want.
* Support standard Windows icon (48x48 32x32,16x16) and Custom icon sizes(8x8,24x24).
* 256 and 24-bit true color icons full support.
* Four formats support (.ICO .BMP .JPG .GIF) for saving icons to disk.
* Support copy icon to Windows Clipboard.
* Can be minimized or stop while scanning disks for icons.
* Support Filter icon.
* Support save your own icon collection,you can share with other.
* Support multiselect icons.
* Support view subicon(s).
Or...you could just make a picture and save it as a Bitmap (64x64 pixels) and then rename it to ".ico".
something tells me someone is making a shameless plug here... :rolleyes:
Search the web for the Icon Digger 2000. It's a very good program. You just select the .exe, .dll or .icl file and there you have your icons. VERY useful.