I got the following annoying PM from wtostore, who apparently has 0 posts:
I believe this one should be banned.Originally Posted by wtostore
But people with 0 posts should not be able to send PMs...
This is a discussion on Bad pm! within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; I got the following annoying PM from wtostore, who apparently has 0 posts: Originally Posted by wtostore Hello,friend, Beg your ...
it is bot... I got the same PM
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.
I got the same PM and my ugg boots are on the way!
>But people with 0 posts should not be able to send PMs...
They are not allowed to. The account has 0 posts because all of its spam posts were deleted.
IIRC, zero-post members are allowed to send PMs because staff would like to reply to reported posts through the PM system. It so happens that zero-post members can report other posts. Were it not for that discrepancy, there could be a post quota for PM access.
Apparenlty I dress so good that no-one thinks I need new clothes .
Ditto - I haven't gotten it either.
It must be Elysia's sigs.
>> But people with 0 posts should not be able to send PMs...
I dunno. If a bot can PM, it can make spam posts to get it's post count up high enough to start PMing. All a limit would do, is cause headache for legitimate users.
A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis
If a users post count drops all pms sent by that person should be invisible until their post count rises high enough to send pms
I got it too, I just ignored it... What's the big deal o.O?
Currently research OpenGL
Problems like this generally occur in big waves - knowing about the first signs of a problem help us out a lot.
Yep, just killed another of those spammers. I don't get how this is worth even a few hours the spambot writers put into it. I mean, these links are up for what, 20 minutes at most?
All the buzzt!
"There is not now, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be, any programming language in which it is the least bit difficult to write bad code."
- Flon's Law
This thread is probably going to be around for the life of this forum, as well as find itself in the Google cache. And when someone searches for ugg boots ... here we are! *
* Ugg boots are terrible, they're too hot, make your feat sweat and can't be worn around when the ground is wet (Don't buy them )