What are you listening to now?

This is a discussion on What are you listening to now? within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; Such a topic are considered as a "spam" topic on some other forums. Whether the mods of Cboard see it ...

  1. #16
    Its hard... But im here swgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,479
    Such a topic are considered as a "spam" topic on some other forums. Whether the mods of Cboard see it that way is a different matter.
    I'm just trying to be a better person - My Name Is Earl

  2. #17
    Dr Dipshi++ mike_g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On me hyperplane
    Posts
    1,218
    Oh, lets not get all emo. This is GD people shoudl be able to talk about what music they like. If you dont like dont read.

  3. #18
    Confused College Student Graham Aker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    62
    Really? One of the other forums I go to has a topic just like this pinned in the General Discussion.

    Then again, Cboard is a more professional board, so a frivolous topic like this could be marked as spam.

    (Currently listening to Saints of Los Angeles by Motley Crue)

  4. #19
    In my head happyclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    391
    currently Ben harper - Diamonds on the inside.mp3
    OS: Linux Mint 13(Maya) LTS 64 bit.

  5. #20
    Confused College Student Graham Aker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    62
    Currently listening to: Hello Goodbye by MELL

    Interesting how many Beetles references she throws into that song... Oh, and it's not a cover.

  6. #21
    & the hat of GPL slaying Thantos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,681
    If you want to keep people updated about what "music" you are listening to just use Last.fm and be done with it.

  7. #22
    & the hat of GPL slaying Thantos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,681
    Quote Originally Posted by swgh View Post
    Such a topic are considered as a "spam" topic on some other forums. Whether the mods of Cboard see it that way is a different matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_g View Post
    Oh, lets not get all emo. This is GD people shoudl be able to talk about what music they like. If you dont like dont read.
    Mod side: I'd say having a topic about what type of music you listen to is perfectly fine. Having a topic where people keep posting what they are listening to at some moment in time would be spammy.

    If images are allowed in the signature (I can't remember if they are) then using last.fm's image thing that lists your last X songs would be better then this topic.

  8. #23
    Ethernal Noob
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,901
    I usually Cycle pandora with fusion, jazz, electronica, metal stations, or shoutast with SKY fm jazz stations and a local jazz station.
    Here to Deceive, Inveigle, Obfuscate Since 1945

  9. #24
    Malum in se abachler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,189
    I dont think its that important or interestign to know what music people are listening to at the moment, this isnt mySpace. That and I'm not going to get into a musical discussion with kids that are young enough to see Metallica as olde tymey, or classic rock....
    Until you can build a working general purpose reprogrammable computer out of basic components from radio shack, you are not fit to call yourself a programmer in my presence. This is cwhizard, signing off.

  10. #25
    and the hat of sweating
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,545
    Exactly. I couldn't care less what people are listening to at this very second. Listen to Klingon Opera for all I care.
    "I am probably the laziest programmer on the planet, a fact with which anyone who has ever seen my code will agree." - esbo, 11/15/2008

    "the internet is a scary place to be thats why i dont use it much." - billet, 03/17/2010

  11. #26
    Hail to the king, baby. Akkernight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    717
    I think you're all too moody and whine too much xP
    Spam means conversation, except if it's only one guy, and conversation is good! And I'm a kid (compared to some of you guys D: if you lived through the 80's, you're old, period >: D) and I don't call Metallica old timers, I call them gods! ^^
    Currently research OpenGL

  12. #27
    In my head happyclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Akkernight View Post
    I think you're all too moody and whine too much xP
    Spam means conversation, except if it's only one guy, and conversation is good! And I'm a kid (compared to some of you guys D: if you lived through the 80's, you're old, period >: D) and I don't call Metallica old timers, I call them gods! ^^
    Hahaha!
    OS: Linux Mint 13(Maya) LTS 64 bit.

  13. #28
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Thantos View Post
    then using last.fm's image thing that lists your last X songs would be better then this topic.
    It does not help in my situation - I'm listening to the music only while driving, and I have no internet access from my build-in auto cd/mp3 player
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  14. #29
    & the hat of GPL slaying Thantos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,681
    Which means you can't post in this topic anyways since you obviously can't post while driving

    Oh and it depends on how you listen to your music while driving. If you use an iPod you can sync it with iTunes and the last.fm plugin will update it then.

  15. #30
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Thantos View Post
    Which means you can't post in this topic anyways since you obviously can't post while driving
    posting while driving will require a little bit of job including opening Web-access from my phone, writing a message on the phone keyboard while driving and risking to be stopped by the police for using the phone while driving...

    Too much overhead for such a trivial task. But it is still doable. While connecting my cd-player to internet - is something unrichable $)
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Listening socket and thread problem
    By esaptonor in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 04:04 AM
  2. Question about forking with sockets listening
    By Phoenix_Rebirth in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 04:05 AM
  3. How to do port listening in C++?
    By voodoosg in forum Networking/Device Communication
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 01:40 AM
  4. single Socket for listening and sending/receiving, Simultaneously?
    By Aidman in forum Networking/Device Communication
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 12:17 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2002, 10:52 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21