China and Tibet

This is a discussion on China and Tibet within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; Originally Posted by abachler Funny how you cite the first half of the first sentence, and then completely ignore the ...

  1. #31
    Internet Superhero
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by abachler View Post
    Funny how you cite the first half of the first sentence, and then completely ignore the rest of the article. You eurotrash are all the same, I don't care because you don't think.
    As both me and Mario have already pointed out, socialism is ofcourse related to economics, as are all political ideologies. The fact of the matter is, that socialism itself is nothing but an ideology, and saying that it is a type of economy is plain wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Britannica Online Encyclopedia
    Socialism
    A system of social organization in which property and the distribution of income are subject to social control rather than individual determination or market forces.

    Socialism refers to both a set of doctrines and the political movements that aspire to put these doctrines into practice.
    All you have to back up your theories are vague passages in an article that starts out by saying that socialism is a political ideology. Don't they teach you politics in American schools? I could have told you the same thing when i was 12...

    Oh and another thing, you can't change your entire posts with the edit function after other people have replied. If anyone was to go through this thread later, and see all of the quotes that are in my posts of stuff you have said, they'd have no way of knowing what i was talking about, since you decided to remove the original content.
    Last edited by Neo1; 03-26-2008 at 03:33 PM.
    How I need a drink, alcoholic in nature, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics.

  2. #32
    Malum in se abachler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,189
    No content was removed. The fact that you are trying to use an ad hoc appeal to authority of someone who has already been on my ignore list for some time now does make your case stronger.

    I see you still haven't read a book, so I will suggest one in particular.

    http://www.amazon.com/Communist-Mani...6568127&sr=8-1
    Until you can build a working general purpose reprogrammable computer out of basic components from radio shack, you are not fit to call yourself a programmer in my presence. This is cwhizard, signing off.

  3. #33
    (?<!re)tired Mario F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    7,438
    Oh my god! Your are using Karl Marx to justify your argument!? How insanely ignorant of you!

    You even know what Socialism is? how it is described? How it evolved centuries before Karl Marx?

    You may ignore me. But that is because every time I step in your toes. Your arguments are always riddled with the ridicule. What makes it bad however is that you insult and bash people in the process. You insult people, call them idiots, dumb and ignorant and yet its exactly your arguments and the way you so desperately try to prove them that make you that.

    You are dangerous Abachler.
    The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.”
    The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.


    Originally Posted by brewbuck:
    Reimplementing a large system in another language to get a 25% performance boost is nonsense. It would be cheaper to just get a computer which is 25% faster.

  4. #34
    Internet Superhero
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by abachler View Post
    No content was removed.
    Read some of my posts on the previous page, there are several quotes of something you have said, that is no longer in your posts? I did not make it up if that is what you think, content WAS removed, why are you lying?

    The fact that you are trying to use an ad hoc appeal to authority of someone who has already been on my ignore list for some time now does make your case stronger.
    Even if you haven't read Mario's replies, my point still stands.

    I see you still haven't read a book, so I will suggest one in particular.

    http://www.amazon.com/Communist-Mani...6568127&sr=8-1
    I see you still haven't provided anything that suggests you are right? Did you read my quote from Britannica Encyclopedia? That article was written and verified by people who know quite alot about this stuff, for you to discredit that is very....arrogant. You think too much of yourself.

    I have many books on politics and political ideologies, most of them are from school, each and everyone of them will tell you that Socialism is an ideology. I can tell you, if you were to say something else in any of my social science classes, you'd be the laughing stock of the class really.

    But whatever, this debate is at a standstill until you can provide any proof of your outrageous theories, other than some vague passages in an article that basically starts out by proving you wrong.
    How I need a drink, alcoholic in nature, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics.

  5. #35
    (?<!re)tired Mario F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    7,438
    Yes apparently I've been on his ignore list. Ever since I told him to prove himself wrong instead of me proving him wrong. He didn't like it.
    The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.”
    The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.


    Originally Posted by brewbuck:
    Reimplementing a large system in another language to get a 25% performance boost is nonsense. It would be cheaper to just get a computer which is 25% faster.

  6. #36
    Malum in se abachler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,189
    More hyperbole, yak yak, yak. Regardless of your claims, Karl Marx, the father of socialism, is the final authority on the matter. Anything else is just commentary.
    Until you can build a working general purpose reprogrammable computer out of basic components from radio shack, you are not fit to call yourself a programmer in my presence. This is cwhizard, signing off.

  7. #37
    Internet Superhero
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by abachler View Post
    More hyperbole, yak yak, yak. Regardless of your claims, Karl Marx, the father of socialism, is the final authority on the matter. Anything else is just commentary.
    This is true, so please provide a quote from Karl Marx that says that "Socialism is a type of economy"...
    How I need a drink, alcoholic in nature, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics.

  8. #38
    Malum in se abachler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,189
    Prove your own argument by providing one that says it is not. I am through with this discussion until you make some actual effort to educate yourself. fin
    Until you can build a working general purpose reprogrammable computer out of basic components from radio shack, you are not fit to call yourself a programmer in my presence. This is cwhizard, signing off.

  9. #39
    (?<!re)tired Mario F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    7,438
    Karl Marx is not the father of Socialism! No one is. It's a political movement that started as a social movement probably in the late 18th or early 19th century!

    God! How stupid can you be! Have you ever read Engels!? Have you ever read the history of Europe!? Socialism predates Karl Marx. And more the Communism Manifest is everything but a description of socialism. Don't confuse Socialism with Communism. Just because Communism coins itself as Socialism, doesn't mean it is.

    Are you saying that the current political parties that won the last elections in half of europe are communist? Gosh... you really annoy me!

    EDIT: How convenient of you to ignore me Abachler. I can run around you in circles. You prefer it this way. You don't have to counter my arguments.

    EDIT2: I just been on a quick conversation with a friend of mine. I never read the Manifest. Only passages. But he's exactly a student of Political Sciences in Lisbon's Universidade de Letras (University). He confirmed me the Manifest noweher mentions Socialism (or Communism for that matter) to be an economical model. On the contrary Karl Marx was particularly careful to relate Communism with the Socialist social movements that were common in Europe.
    Last edited by Mario F.; 03-26-2008 at 04:38 PM.
    The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.”
    The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.


    Originally Posted by brewbuck:
    Reimplementing a large system in another language to get a 25% performance boost is nonsense. It would be cheaper to just get a computer which is 25% faster.

  10. #40
    Internet Superhero
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by abachler View Post
    Prove your own argument by providing one that says it is not.
    I've already provided several articles that says it is not. (And so have you actually)
    All you did was throw an Amazon link to the Comunist Manifest, and then you told me to educate myself. Just because you think you are right doesn't make it so Abachler, as i've said countless times, you have yet to proove anything in this stupid theory of yours.

    You've already shown that you have no idea what a republic is, do you really want us to believe you now? Every other person on earth that i know says something different than you do, and you have no substantial evidence to back it up, whatsoever.

    It is not ME who needs to proove you wrong, it is YOU who needs to proove you right, but obviously, you can't, because you are WRONG.

    Edit:

    The more i think about it, the more i realize how riddiculous this is. Just because i can't necessarily proove you wrong, doesn't make you right. It's like those religious nutcases saying that god exists purely based on the fact that nobody can proove he doesn't. I could make a million different stupid claims about something i have no idea about, and in most cases you'd have no way to proove me wrong, but as long as i can't proove myself right, it's all just bull........ that i made up in my head.

    Ignorance and incompetence will be the death of us, long before war and terror!

    I am through with this discussion until you make some actual effort to educate yourself. fin
    Oh, and i suppose you want us to believe that you are well educated on the subject?
    Last edited by Neo1; 03-27-2008 at 12:19 AM.
    How I need a drink, alcoholic in nature, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21