Road Coloring Problem solved

This is a discussion on Road Coloring Problem solved within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; No, I've never heard of it either, but as the article says this could have a profound impact. "... The ...

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,041

    Road Coloring Problem solved

    No, I've never heard of it either, but as the article says this could have a profound impact.

    "...
    The conjecture essentially assumed it's possible to create a "universal map" that can direct people to arrive at a certain destination, at the same time, regardless of starting point. Experts say the proposition could have real-life applications in mapping and computer science.
    "

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080320/...el_math_riddle

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_coloring_problem
    Last edited by BobMcGee123; 03-20-2008 at 10:15 PM.
    I'm not immature, I'm refined in the opposite direction.

  2. #2
    Registered User whiteflags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,699
    In response to this, are cities going to paint the curb of the roads certain colors, now?

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    and you are ready to make 5 circles around the block just to get to the building on the over side of the street?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Laptop Problem
    By Boomba in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 05:24 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 10:34 PM
  3. half ADT (nested struct) problem...
    By CyC|OpS in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 08:37 AM
  4. Textring Problem: Bad coloring
    By Sentaku senshi in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2002, 03:28 PM
  5. binary tree problem - help needed
    By sanju in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2002, 05:18 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21