C(xx), Brag and Flame a lot!

This is a discussion on C(xx), Brag and Flame a lot! within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; I've done pretty crazy things in my life while sober. Now, that's fun!...

  1. #46
    (?<!re)tired Mario F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    7,467
    I've done pretty crazy things in my life while sober. Now, that's fun!
    The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.”
    The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.


    Originally Posted by brewbuck:
    Reimplementing a large system in another language to get a 25% performance boost is nonsense. It would be cheaper to just get a computer which is 25% faster.

  2. #47
    Internet Superhero
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    I don't get it and I don't get you...
    And I'm betting I probably never will
    I think my logic is easier to follow when you've had a pint of schnaps..
    How I need a drink, alcoholic in nature, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics.

  3. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK/Norway
    Posts
    485
    I have nothing against people who do not drink, but I cant stand it when people who not drink feel a need to force their opinion on someone else. (Im not saying you are doing it Elysia). I also cant stand people who thinks they can get away with everything because they are drunk. If you cant stop drinking before you lose control, you have a problem.

  4. #49
    Just Lurking Dave_Sinkula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,006
    7. It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
    40. There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.*

  5. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    2,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Sinkula View Post
    That's not really about too much water as too little electrolytes (salts & etc.).

  6. #51
    (?<!re)tired Mario F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    7,467
    I once took water up my buttocks. I wish I was drunk.
    The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.”
    The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.


    Originally Posted by brewbuck:
    Reimplementing a large system in another language to get a 25% performance boost is nonsense. It would be cheaper to just get a computer which is 25% faster.

  7. #52
    Reverse Engineer maxorator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,318
    Elysia, it's useless to argue about these things. In the end they will always come up with some idiotic argument which they won't drop.

    But the most idiotic argument is that alcohol is fun. Only a really really boring person could say that. There are millions of funny things that can't be done normally while drunken,
    "The Internet treats censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

  8. #53
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ! Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,614
    Quote Originally Posted by maxorator View Post
    Elysia, it's useless to argue about these things. In the end they will always come up with some idiotic argument which they won't drop.
    I know all too well how useless it is. That's why I don't go around pretending I can convince people >_<
    Let them have their fun. It's no harm to us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.

  9. #54
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    I whole-heartedly agree that alcohol is bad news (not alcohol in of it's self, but what it does to you.) But I'm surprised that Elysia thinks so too, being an atheist. If you don't think there are any set ways to living, I don't see why you would think alcohol is bad?
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

  10. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Scranton, Pa
    Posts
    252
    You don't need religion or a belief in a higher authority to have morals, Yarin. Simply, a decent and honest upbringing, the common sense to determine right from wrong. I'm an agnostic myself (can't say I'm so cocky as to preclude the possibility that there is a God), stating implicitly that one's an atheist takes guts!

  11. #56
    Dr Dipshi++ mike_g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On me hyperplane
    Posts
    1,218
    I whole-heartedly agree that alcohol is bad news (not alcohol in of it's self, but what it does to you.) But I'm surprised that Elysia thinks so too, being an atheist. If you don't think there are any set ways to living, I don't see why you would think alcohol is bad?
    You make it sound as if you need a religion to dictate what you like and what you do not. You might find this hard to understand, but most people are capable of forming their own opinions based on experience as opposed to faith.

  12. #57
    Reverse Engineer maxorator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarin View Post
    I whole-heartedly agree that alcohol is bad news (not alcohol in of it's self, but what it does to you.) But I'm surprised that Elysia thinks so too, being an atheist. If you don't think there are any set ways to living, I don't see why you would think alcohol is bad?
    Being an atheist doesn't mean I should try to commit a suicide.
    "The Internet treats censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

  13. #58
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    No, it doesn't. But I'm guessing that if you did truly want to commit suicide (for what ever reason) , and you whern't concerned how doing so would affect, say family, then you would. Could you really deny that?
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

  14. #59
    C++ Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    21,739
    But I'm guessing that if you did truly want to commit suicide (for what ever reason) , and you whern't concerned how doing so would affect, say family, then you would. Could you really deny that?
    What's your point? Could you really deny that?
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Version Control System: Bazaar

    Look up a C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  15. #60
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    Hmm, when you put it that way...

    nevermind
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21